Thursday, January 26, 2012

Vaginal Odor Causes

By Helen Sharpe


If you would like to know of some home cures for vaginal odor, you might do worse than try those which I came to rely on over my years of subjected to lingering bacterial vaginosis. Very often I discovered that the most straightforward solutions were the best and after years of buying up dear over the counter treatments which never seemed to work, the sense of relief I felt was overpowering.

I first noticed that I had vaginal fish odor after the birth of my first child. Over the years, I had noticed the "normal" female smells, which were never actually unpleasant, but this was something different. All I am able to say is that the smell was totally sickening. My partner often spotted it and it caused me to feel extremely unclean and our intimacy suffered awfully over time.

Infrequently the smell would pop up and vanish without me doing anything. If it became very bad I might visit the doctors for one more prescription for antibiotics. They appeared to work for a short while but it would come back with a vengeance. The final straw came when my oldest boy was about four years old and when putting his head down on my lap while at my mom's house, he said "mommy, you smell bad". I was so embarrassed and attempted to make a joke of it but at that moment, I got the impression that everybody in the room knew just what he meant! At that time I vowed to find out more about the condition and when I next visited my doctor, he explained about the likeliest root of the vaginal fish odor, which was Bacterial Vaginosis which was due to a bacterial inequality in the vagina. I eventually developed a type of "coping strategy". I have always known what "stage" the smell was at (that will only make sense to a fellow victim) and I might try to manage the condition at home before asking for more antibiotics as though I knew they'd help, I also knew it was simply a temporary fix (and, they were pretty pricey too).

There were a bunch of home remedies for vaginal odor which I found helpful-particularly if it hadn't progressed to an "advanced" stage!

Never wash with perfumed soap and avoid overwashing (2 times per day is sufficient) as this may strip the area of it's natural lubricants, thus causing a disequilibrium.

Always change sanitary protection often.

Avoid wearing manmade pants as these may cause overheating and wetness in the vagina, making it a prime target for bacterial growth.

Wear a thin panty pad to absorb the odour.

Utilise a rubber when having sexIn despair really, I tried a bacterial vaginosis cure which had superb results and I continue to follow the rules of it now and have been freed from full-blown attacks since then. I do think I have got a weakness but I am able to control the condition satisfactorily.If these homemade treatments for vaginal odor do not work and you also have other symptoms, such as a thin, watery white or gray discharge and itching or burning, it is highly likely that you have bacterial vaginosis.




About the Author:



No comments:

Post a Comment